[U-Boot] The board hangs while PCI-init

David Hawkins dwh at ovro.caltech.edu
Thu Sep 23 17:01:11 CEST 2010

> I try to bring the u-boot up on the board with Cavium CN5010.  When pci-init
> is executed on the board_init_r, the board will hang.  Did you have such a
> question before?  Any suggestions are welcome.

If you have a logic analyzer, try looking on the bus.
I have seen a host processor hang when a slave device
is issuing PCI retries. In my case, the PCI peripheral
did not initialize its configuration space enable bit.
(The BIOS on the host was not smart enough to just
give up, it kept retrying).

Cheers,
Dave