[U-Boot] u-boot on dockstar problem - ** Bad partition 1 **

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Tue Sep 28 16:54:55 CEST 2010

Hi Roland,

> regarding the status of the dockstar integration:
>
>> Yes, indeed - the feedback only touched some formal points.  Reworking
>> the patches should be easy.
>
> taken from http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?3,881,978#msg-978 :
>
> "Cool. I'm currently hung up on making my patches work with the new ARM
> relocation stuff that's been pulled into the upcoming (2010.09)
> release. I just
> don't know enough about the low-level hardware to know how to adapt it. So
> I'm waiting for the "real" SheevaPlug maintainers to adapt their code,
> then it
> should be trivial to copy."

Yes I read that.  Has anybody pinged the SheevaPlug maintainer about it?

If nothing happens on this front, I believe there are examples of what
the conversion has to do and it should not be _that_ difficult to do
it.  Of course the mailing list is always a good ressource for actual
problems ;)

> regarding broken gmane search:
>
>>> (just wondering, why i did not find that via google and gmane
>>> search on the
>>> u-boot mailing list archive - i searched for dockstar and for
>>> freeagent , but got
>>> no hits!)
>>
>> Actually I have no clue.  The gmane search seems to miss newer articles
>> of this year.  I'll try to contact Lars about this.
>
> Any update on this ? Search on gmane is definitely broken.

No, thanks for reminding - I just sent another ping.

> Btw, i found that marc.info also has u-boot searchable archive at
> http://marc.info/?l=u-boot , so maybe it helps if another link would be
> added on http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot  ?
> Some may find that marc.info is more easy to use/browse anyway, and
> the guys @marc.info offer an remarkable and reliable service.

<hint> That page is a wiki page </hint> :)

Cheers
  Detlev

--
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
                                   -- Ralph Waldo Emerson