[U-Boot] how does Linux call the function from u-boot?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Apr 1 07:21:49 CEST 2011

Dear "sywang",

In message <E1A60D3A6B5245C9B642C3CC81EACF61 at sywangPC> you wrote:

> In my scenario, I want to write the panic info into the flash, but the panic

If the system panics, you must not assume that there is any working
code left that is capable of writing to flash memory.

> is caused by interrupt routine, I cannot access the flash, so I think that
> if the flash-write function from u-boot can be called, the issue should be
> resolved.

I told you before that there is no U-Boot code available anywhere once
Linux started execution.

You may look into the shared log buffer feature - if Linux dumps it's
log messages into it's log buffer, this information can be picked up
by U-Boot from there, and even passed on to the next booting Linux
kernel.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Forty two.