[U-Boot] Please pull u-boot-mpc85xx.git

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Mon Apr 4 21:54:08 CEST 2011

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
>>> powerpc: fix implementation of out_8 to match the other out_XX functions
>> >
>> > Will pull in.

> Why you?  This is in no way 85xx specific.
>
> Why does this come up only now?  Why has it not been mentioned in the
> v2010.12 and v2011.03 relese cycles?

I posted the patch four months ago.  Did I miss something?

> Timur: does this fix any real problem?

Not to my knowledge, but I suspect that people want out_8 to have the same
synchronization behavior as the other out_xx functions.

>> > I'm wondering if its better to just set the dtb props instead of verifying.

> Unfortunately Timur's posting broke the mail thread because he failed
> to add keep reference headers in his patch postings.

I'm not doing anything special when I send email, so I don't know what you're
talking about.

>  I'm not happy
> with this implementation either.

Can you be more specific?  I posted this patch almost five months ago.  I
addressed all of your posted concerns from v2 of this patch.  Other than a few
additional fdt helper functions, the code is isolated to 85xx.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale