[U-Boot] cannot ping from IMX53QSB

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 6 11:15:12 CEST 2011

Dear "Shlomo Kut",

In message <0CF581BE125A264ABA1933C71834DA4706AFB9C6 at server2.unitronics.com> you wrote:

> We cannot ping to our PC from u-boot but we can ping from ubuntu.

Does network work otherwise, for example for TFTP download?

Did you check if you have a valid MAC address set, and if you have
valid IP settings (ipaddr, netmask, ...) ?

> The version of u-boot shipped on the board is U-Boot
> 2009.08-00252-g9a215c3-dirty (Jan 27 2011 - 15:11:20).

This is locally modified code, and very, very old.  Please update and
use current code instead.

We cannot help with out-of-tree code, especially not if it's
additionally locally modified.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Advice is seldom welcome; and those who want it the most always like
it the least.                         -- Philip Earl of Chesterfield