[U-Boot] trigger automatic update (FIT image) from prompt instead of "updatefile" env variable

Andreas Pretzsch apr at cn-eng.de
Mon Apr 11 22:38:53 CEST 2011

Is there a way to manually trigger an automatic update using a FIT
image, based on the way described in doc/README.update ?

I mean beside setting "updatefile" environment variable, saveenv and
reboot, but trigger it from U-Boot prompt resp. script ?

As far as I can see, update_tftp() is only called once during the
startup, but not referenced by any command.

Use case: Disaster recovery update via altbootcmd.

Thanks in advance,
  A. Pretzsch

--

carpe noctem engineering
Ingenieurbuero fuer Hard- & Software-Entwicklung Andreas Pretzsch
89073 Ulm, Germany                        email: apr at cn-eng.de