[U-Boot] Image copy to ram

Matthias Weißer weisserm at arcor.de
Tue Apr 12 10:01:18 CEST 2011

Hi

I looked into the documentation but I can't find a command which copies
an image from one address to another. This would be extremly useful for
me as reading from (uncached) flash is way slower then reading from
cached SDRAM. Currently booting is done by a simple bootm. This requires
that the image is read from flash twice (once for checksum and once for
decompression) If the image is copied to DRAM first it has to be read
from flash only once. Checksum calculation and decompression is done in
SDRAM which saves me about 500ms on my system. A further optimization
would be to do the checksum calculation while copying the image to SDRAM
which would save some more ms.

So, if there is no such command I am willing to implemt 'imcpy'.

Regards,
Matthias