[U-Boot] is any bug in cp?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Apr 15 10:44:45 CEST 2011

Dear "hacklu.uboot",

In message <201104151401034442433 at gmail.com> you wrote:

> there is some bugs when I cp to flash like this:
> cp.b addr1 addr2 0x100
>
> when the two addr in the same bank of a flash. it go wrongs
>
> finally the date of addr2 is  0x8080808080...
>
> cp to another bank of flash is work correctly.
> cp from mem to flash or from flash to mem also correctly.

You cannot copy directly within the same bank of NOR flash.
While in programming mod, you cannot read any user data from that
device.  This is a "feature" of how NOR flash works and no bug in the
code.  Just don't do it.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way  is  to
make  it  so  simple that there are obviously no deficiencies and the
other is to make it so complicated that there are  no  obvious  defi-
ciencies.                             - Charles Anthony Richard Hoare