[U-Boot] problem running u-boot from RAM

Eric Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Sun Apr 17 03:44:36 CEST 2011

I'm encountering a strange problem trying to run recent versions of
u-boot from RAM on my DockStar.

I have version 2011.03 in NAND flash, and it boots OK and launches
Linux OK.  But if I use it to load u-boot.bin into RAM (at TEXT_BASE =
0x600000) and type "go 600000", it hangs soon after the relocation step.
I've checked using crc32 that the image is correct in RAM, and I've
used both tftpboot and fatload, with identical results.

But here's the strange part: if I use openocd to load the same image
to the same location using JTAG, and do "resume 0x600000", it works
correctly.

I'm not sure what the difference could be.  Does anyone have any
ideas?  It's a lot more convenient to use TFTP to test out new images
than JTAG, so I'd like to get this working.