[U-Boot] is any bug in cp?

hacklu.uboot hacklu.uboot at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 03:47:59 CEST 2011

 'cp' can also copy from flash to another bank of flash. I have test it.
thanks all the same

------------------
hacklu.uboot
2011-04-18

发件人:Charles Krinke
发送日期:2011-04-15 22:02:13
收件人:hacklu.uboot
抄送:u-boot
主题:Re: [U-Boot] is any bug in cp?

This makes sense as one should *not* copy from one sector in a flash to the
same sector in a flash. Flash is erased in sectors, usually 128K and should
be treated as a complete sector.

The cp command is usually used to copy from RAM to FLASH or from FLASH to
RAM. What you are doing seems illogical.

Charles

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 11:01 PM, hacklu.uboot <hacklu.uboot at gmail.com>wrote:

> hi,in my uboot.
>
> there is some bugs when I cp to flash like this:
> cp.b addr1 addr2 0x100
>
> when the two addr in the same bank of a flash. it go wrongs
>
> finally the date of addr2 is  0x8080808080...
>
> cp to another bank of flash is work correctly.
> cp from mem to flash or from flash to mem also correctly.
>
> how is this?

Charles Krinke