[U-Boot] Issue with ehci-pci on MPC8548

Sandeep Kumar Gopalpet kgsandeep at juniper.net
Tue Apr 19 06:51:57 CEST 2011

HI all,

We are trying to bring up a board based on Freescale's MPC8548 SoC and we are facing issues with USB controller present on PCI.
(PCI_1 <=> USB2.0 PCI host controller <=> USB flah driver controller <=> NAND flash).
The issue that we are facing is with ehci_reset() returning failure condition (TIMEOUT).

Below is the corresponding section:

USB:   EHCI fail to reset
Error, couldn't init Lowlevel part

We  have defined CONFIG_PCI_EHCI_DEVICE,  CONFIG_USB_EHCI_PCI in our case and populated the
static struct pci_device_id ehci_pci_ids[] structure with the supported ids in drivers/usb/host/ehci-pci.c.

"usb info" command under u-boot shows only the USB HUB, ideally it should have detected even the storage device.
=> usb info
1: Hub,  USB Revision 2.0
 - u-boot EHCI Host Controller
 - Class: Hub
 - PacketSize: 64  Configurations: 1
 - Vendor: 0x0000  Product 0x0000 Version 1.0
   Configuration: 1
   - Interfaces: 1 Self Powered 0mA
     Interface: 0
     - Alternate Setting 0, Endpoints: 1
     - Class Hub
     - Endpoint 1 In Interrupt MaxPacket 2048 Interval 255ms

=>

Can anyone provide any pointers  on how resolve the issue ?

--
Thanks
Sandeep