[U-Boot] Update and Cut down mach types

Matthias Weißer weisserm at arcor.de
Tue Apr 19 15:39:59 CEST 2011

Hello Sandeep, Wolfgang

Am 19.04.2011 14:42, schrieb Paulraj, Sandeep:
> Wolfgang, Albert,
>
> Russell King sent some updates to the linux kernel for mach-types.
>
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=6f82f4db80189281a8ac42f2e72396accb719b57
>
>  He also removed a lot of entries which never made it to mainline.
>
> I have a patch and it is the branch below
>
> http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot/u-boot-ti.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/update-mach-types
>
> Please review and if it is acceptable to everyone then we should
> apply this patch to remain in sync with the mainline kernel.

This will break a least jadecpu. We don't use Linux on this board. When
porting I was requested to reserve an MACH_ID just in case the board
will ever be used with Linux. This has not been the case for this board.
But I would like to have this board in the u-boot tree. What will be the
solution for ARM but non-Linux u-boot ports then? What should be passed
to gd->bd->bi_arch_number?

Regards,
Matthias