[U-Boot] How can I replace the Linux scrolling text during boot-up with a splash image?

Stephen Saputo s.c.saputo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 16:53:01 CEST 2011

I need some help in determining how to have a color splash image display in
place of the Linux scrolling-text during the boot-up process on an embedded
Linux device using u-boot. The kernel used is a stripped-down version of
Linux (kernel 2.6.29), which has been custom configured.  The distros used
are Ubuntu Linux 10.04 (development platform) and X-Linux 5.6.2 (target
platform).  Our bootloader is syslinux.

I'm very new at this and need some guidance.

Also, is there a way to make u-boot support our custom board?

Thanks!

--
Stephen Saputo
Software Engineer