[U-Boot] Update and Cut down mach types

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Apr 26 21:40:03 CEST 2011

Dear Michael Schwingen,

In message <4DB70B98.6040208 at discworld.dascon.de> you wrote:

> Nevertheless, we need a method so that we no not need to patch the
> mach-types.h after every cacle where the Linux version is pulled in.

Detlev Zundel suggested we might maintain a U-Boot local file
"obsoleted-mach-types.h" which would contain just the MACH_ID
definitions that 1) are being actively used in U-Boot and 2) have been
removed from the official "mach-types.h" file.  This way we just need
to add a "#include <obsoleted-mach-types.h>" to "mach-types.h" to
maintain compatibility with the existing code, and we make it very
obvious that these are somewhat special MACH_IDs.

Comments?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's printed on."
- Samuel Goldwyn