[U-Boot] smdk2416 board support

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Apr 27 11:14:02 CEST 2011

Dear =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Thiago_A=2E_Corr=EAa?=,

In message <BANLkTi=yQ5YsvQSDUe-_fBgfssH6BoUs1g at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

>     We have a board based on smdk2416 and we received from the kit
> manufacturer, from which we based our own board a custom u-boot, which
> contains support for the following SMDK boards:

This is obviously one of the many out-of-tree ports that exist.

>     We are only interested in 2416 atm, but since we use Buildroot, it
> would make our lives a lot easier if this was upstream instead of this
> .tar.bz2 file.

Indeed.

>     How would we proceed to add at least 2416 support to upstream? Can
> I just update it to HEAD? Should I rewrite it entierly?

You can extract the patches that refer to your hardware only and
submit these as patches against the current top of tree; for details
please see http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/Patches

You better be prepared that some clean up and other rework will be
needed.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Imagination is more important than knowledge.      -- Albert Einstein