[U-Boot] Second serial port access ...

Robert Sciuk robert.sciuk at exfo.com
Fri Apr 29 17:23:10 CEST 2011

I'm attempting to extend u-boot to request some IPMI information from a
BMC attached to a uart, and was wondering how best to approach the
problem.  My first concern is whether to add "cmd" type code or use the
u-boot API, and the second concern, is to how to configure and access
the 2nd serial port?  My intent is to query the bmc on the serial port,
and then add a node to the FDT (/chosen{}) in order to pass information
to the Linux kernel.  Has something like this been done?  Is there a
better approach?  Have I overlooked something obvious?  Sorry for the
nubie question.

Robert Sciuk

Senior Designer, R&D.

905.738.3741 xt 2233.