[U-Boot] [GIT PULL] Pull request u-boot-mpc85xx.git (updated)

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Fri Apr 29 22:24:45 CEST 2011

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:16:59 -0500
Kumar Gala <galak at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:

> On Apr 29, 2011, at 12:36 PM, Tabi Timur-B04825 wrote:
>

> > What about this patch:
> >
> > http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/71614/
> >
> > It was ACK'd by gvb:
> >
> > http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2011-April/089791.html
>
> I'd rather we just fix the addresses up rather than verifying them.

As I pointed out before, you can't fix up every possible error.  If someone
passes a 32-bit device tree to a 36-bit U-Boot, we can't fix that up
sanely.  But we can detect it, and give a useful message rather than a hang.

Perhaps some subset of the things that are checked (e.g. PCI addresses)
would me more appropriately updated by U-Boot, though.

-Scott