[U-Boot] Adding spi support for SH7757 processor.

manohar kallutla forumsfromlinux at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 12:46:52 CEST 2011

Hi ,

I am newbie to the u-boot loader. I have one external CPLD which has
connected to processor via spi protocol.
My requirement is to support CPLD from u-boot (eg:- read registers and write
registers etc)

Could you please help me ,how to follow the steps to implement this
functionality.

I have gone through the mailing list , as expert suggested add the
CONFIG_SPI,CONFIG_HARD_SPI to hardware specific config file. i have done the
changes i couldn't resolve the issue.

I am using U-Boot 2009.08.

SPI lines are connected at PORTH register. i have configured the port H for
other functionality (SPI Driver).

processor <---> PORTH  <---------> CPLD/FPGA

thanks for your help
Manohar.K