[U-Boot] [RFC] Act as a TFTP server

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Apr 30 21:53:42 CEST 2011

Dear Luca Ceresoli,

In message <4DA59B5E.5000105 at comelit.it> you wrote:

> >>     Usage:    tftpsrv [<loadaddr>]
> >>
> >> This would be used almost like tftpboot, except no file name is specified on
> >> the commandline.
> >> <loadaddr>   would default to the environment variable.
> > I see some user interface issues here:
> > - When and how do you terminate this command?  After a successful
> >    download, ok.  But how long do we wait for that?  Forever? Or do we
> >    time out?
> The TFTP client tries sending a RRQ packet TIMEOUT_COUNT times (default 10),
> spaced TIMEOUT msecs (default 5000) from each other. 50 seconds total by default.

Well - this requires that there actually _is_ a TFTP client which
attempts to connect.  But there is no guarantee that any such client
is running at all, or that it can connect through firewalls, routers,
etc.

So assuming we never see any incoming packets - how long will we wait?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.