[U-Boot] Build error in davinci_emac driver

Paulraj, Sandeep s-paulraj at ti.com
Tue Aug 2 17:48:39 CEST 2011

> Sandeep,
>
> Few of your commits will not allow using davinci_emac driver for non-
> davinci family of devices. For example,

This has happened in the kernel also. How is a developer supposed to know which new devices are in the pipeline.

Infact we recently had a case in the kernel NAND driver, where the same IP was being used in a DSP. Even after so much cleanup in the Davinci NAND driver we figured that the driver was specific to devices with an ARM and so I had to submit a patch which would result in it working on devices with only a DSP.

> commit 840f8923a076b02b983cf58c9466b5bdf5957133
> Author: Sandeep Paulraj <s-paulraj at ti.com>
> Date:   Tue Dec 28 15:43:16 2010 -0500
>
>     DaVinci DM6467: Added ET1011C (LSI) PHY support
>
> This adds new file,
> +COBJS-$(CONFIG_DRIVER_TI_EMAC) += lxt972.o dp83848.o et1011c.o
>
> We will have to clean up this implementation, let me submit all other
> trivial patches first then I will come to this.

Improvements are always welcome.
You can submit a patch to mailing list.

--Sandeep