[U-Boot] Build error in davinci_emac driver

Hiremath, Vaibhav hvaibhav at ti.com
Wed Aug 3 07:22:22 CEST 2011

[Hiremath, Vaibhav] I am not saying kernel is 100% clean, there could be issues there as well.

> How is a developer supposed to know
> which new devices are in the pipeline.

[Hiremath, Vaibhav] There is NO need to know about this, we can very well implement/design considering other devices.

> Infact we recently had a case in the kernel NAND driver, where the same IP
> was being used in a DSP. Even after so much cleanup in the Davinci NAND
> driver we figured that the driver was specific to devices with an ARM and
> so I had to submit a patch which would result in it working on devices
> with only a DSP.

[Hiremath, Vaibhav] I am not sure about this; if it is the case then definitely it required fix/cleanup.

> > commit 840f8923a076b02b983cf58c9466b5bdf5957133
> > Author: Sandeep Paulraj <s-paulraj at ti.com>
> > Date:   Tue Dec 28 15:43:16 2010 -0500
> >
> >     DaVinci DM6467: Added ET1011C (LSI) PHY support
> >
> > This adds new file,
> > +COBJS-$(CONFIG_DRIVER_TI_EMAC) += lxt972.o dp83848.o et1011c.o
> >
> > We will have to clean up this implementation, let me submit all other
> > trivial patches first then I will come to this.
>
> Improvements are always welcome.
> You can submit a patch to mailing list.

[Hiremath, Vaibhav] Thanks. Will do the same.

Sandeep,
Have you reviewed other patches which I have submitted to the list? If not can you review and merge it for your next pull request?

Thanks,
Vaibhav