[U-Boot] mcf5307, timer 2 issue loading linux

angelo angelo70 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 10:09:25 CEST 2011

Hi all,

i am reporting the following issue, maybe related to something wrong in
my new mcf5307 support addition (still under testing), or maybe not:

1. U-Boot run correctly, timer2 is enabled as a system timestamp counter.
2. I load a uClinux bianry from flash to SDRAM with  "cp.l FLASH_ADDR
SDRAM_ADDR SIZE/4
3. i launch the binary with "go SDRAM_ADDR"

First startup of linux (head.S) is locked, since U-boot timer2 interrupt
happen, exactly while linux startup (in head.S) is moving ROMFS inside
sdram.
After the interrupt happen, i was assuming it return correctly allowing
linux to load, but execution is locked inside this ROMFS copy of head.S.

Disabling the timer2 init in board.c, linux is loaded as expected.

Shouldn't timer2 be disabled for al coldfire models before loading linux ?

Every help is appreciated.

reagrds,
angelo