[U-Boot] mcf5307, timer 2 issue loading linux

Greg Ungerer gerg at snapgear.com
Wed Aug 3 14:50:43 CEST 2011

Hi Angelo,

On 08/03/2011 06:09 PM, angelo wrote:
> i am reporting the following issue, maybe related to something wrong in
> my new mcf5307 support addition (still under testing), or maybe not:
>

> 1. U-Boot run correctly, timer2 is enabled as a system timestamp counter.
> 2. I load a uClinux bianry from flash to SDRAM with  "cp.l FLASH_ADDR
> SDRAM_ADDR SIZE/4
> 3. i launch the binary with "go SDRAM_ADDR"
>
> First startup of linux (head.S) is locked, since U-boot timer2 interrupt
> happen, exactly while linux startup (in head.S) is moving ROMFS inside
> sdram.
> After the interrupt happen, i was assuming it return correctly allowing
> linux to load, but execution is locked inside this ROMFS copy of head.S.
>
> Disabling the timer2 init in board.c, linux is loaded as expected.
>
> Shouldn't timer2 be disabled for al coldfire models before loading linux ?

What interrupt level is timer2 set to?

The second instruction into running uClinux is:

     movew   #0x2700, %sr

which will disable all interrupts - excepting anything set to the
non-maskable level 7.

Regards
Greg

Greg Ungerer  --  Principal Engineer        EMAIL:     gerg at snapgear.com
SnapGear Group, McAfee                      PHONE:       +61 7 3435 2888
8 Gardner Close,                            FAX:         +61 7 3891 3630
Milton, QLD, 4064, Australia                WEB: http://www.SnapGear.com