[U-Boot] mcf5307, timer 2 issue loading linux

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 3 15:07:58 CEST 2011

Dear angelo,

In message <4E390235.2090107 at gmail.com> you wrote:

> i am reporting the following issue, maybe related to something wrong in
> my new mcf5307 support addition (still under testing), or maybe not:
>

> 1. U-Boot run correctly, timer2 is enabled as a system timestamp counter.
> 2. I load a uClinux bianry from flash to SDRAM with  "cp.l FLASH_ADDR
> SDRAM_ADDR SIZE/4
> 3. i launch the binary with "go SDRAM_ADDR"

You must not start Linux with a "go" command.  Please use "bootm" for
this purpose (and then you also don;t have to copy the kernal
manually).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
In the beginning, I was made. I didn't ask to be made. No one consul-
ted with me or considered my feelings  in  this  matter.  But  if  it
brought  some  passing fancy to some lowly humans as they haphazardly
pranced their way through life's mournful jungle, then so be it.
- Marvin the Paranoid Android