[U-Boot] Boot uboot from another position in flash

ich contumax at gmx.at
Wed Aug 3 14:49:59 CEST 2011

Hello guys

I use u-boot U-Boot 1.3.1 - stm24_0054 for sh (Board mb411)
(STLinux 2.4)
It is no problem to boot with u-boot from flash at 0x000000.

But I have to install u-boot in another position in flash than 0x000000.
I can also load the uboot from a u-boot loaded in RAM with jtag
(with go  0xa0650000).

In the Bootvector is a jump written in Assembly language like:
 #####################################
    .text
    .org 0

    mov.l    start_addr, r0
    mov.l    p2_mask, r1
    mov.l    @r0, r0
        or      r1, r0
    jmp    @r0
      nop

    .align 2

start_addr:    .long    0xa0650000
p2_mask:        .long   0xa0000000

    .end
(I have no idea about assembly language; I just modified an existing
code!)

Here is hangs. No start at all.

I used the CFG_MONITOR_BASE=0xa0650000 without success.

Is the problem my U-boot or the assembly code?

Thank you
	contumax