[U-Boot] Need Help on *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environmen​t

Bala Ss balazee84 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 13:14:33 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have got this contact from web when I actually searching for some
solutions to get rid off the issue on "Warning - bad CRC, using default
environment". And I have gone through the some of the mail thread.

Am also facing the same issue that when I hard reset the board, U-boot
starts and stops at line as below *** Warning - bad CRC, using default
environment. From your mail thread conversation, its almost clear that this
is due to uninitialization env variables / non-matching CRC, hence it needs
to be "saveenv". But now the actual problem here is am not getting the
U-boot prompt (#) to enter uboot commands. As soon as the board hard
rebooted it comes and hangs at the same line, so not able to enter any
commands there.
If anyone can suggest anything that helps to bring up, will be really great.
Thanks in advance.

Uboot-logs:
Flash: 16 MB
NAND:  No NAND device found!!!
0 MiB
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment  "Hangs".

Regards,
Balaji.