[U-Boot] Need Help on *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environmen​t

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Thu Aug 4 13:19:43 CEST 2011

Hi Bala,

On 04/08/2011 13:14, Bala Ss wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have got this contact from web when I actually searching for some
> solutions to get rid off the issue on "Warning - bad CRC, using default
> environment". And I have gone through the some of the mail thread.
>
> Am also facing the same issue that when I hard reset the board, U-boot
> starts and stops at line as below *** Warning - bad CRC, using default
> environment. From your mail thread conversation, its almost clear that this
> is due to uninitialization env variables / non-matching CRC, hence it needs
> to be "saveenv". But now the actual problem here is am not getting the
> U-boot prompt (#) to enter uboot commands. As soon as the board hard
> rebooted it comes and hangs at the same line, so not able to enter any
> commands there.
> If anyone can suggest anything that helps to bring up, will be really great.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Uboot-logs:
> ===========
> Flash: 16 MB
> NAND:  No NAND device found!!!
> 0 MiB
> *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment  "Hangs".

It might help if you specified which version of U-Boot you run and for
which board it is built.

Note that if you're not using the mainline U-Boot but a custom vendor
one, you should inquire with the vendor.

Note also that if you're using the mainline U-Boot, then you should make
sure you're using the latest version.

> Regards,
> Balaji.

Amicalement,