[U-Boot] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Link stage error of porting uboot2011-06

larry larrybizz at aol.com
Mon Aug 8 04:04:54 CEST 2011

On 08/04/2011 02:49 PM, Albert ARIBAUD wrote:

>  (Cc:ing Andrea Scian, maintainer of B2, about pending board removal)
>
>  Hi Larry,
>
>  Le 04/08/2011 08:14, larrybizz at aol.com a écrit :
>
>>  After compiling success,i check the file of "u-boot" with
>>  arm-linux-readelf.It warns me : Segmentation fault
>>  This is the result of readelf.
>
>>  I have no idea what was wrong with my uboot.
>
>  >  I suppose something wrong
>>  with the link stage of compiling uboot.Any suggestion is really
>>  appereciated !
>
>  Since you have made modifications to this U-boot in order to support
>  your HW, we can hardly tell without knowing your changes... And then,
>  you're not using the latest U-Boot either, which will be necessary if
>  you want patches accepted to the mainline anyway.
>
>  The most I can tell is that there is a board based on s3c44b0, the B2,
>  but it does not build at this point, for lack of relocation support.
>
>  (BTW: the fix to B2 should be fairly trivial, and without it in the
>  coming weeks, this board will, as several other tens like it, be
>  removed from U-Boot; copying the board maintainer just to be sure).
>
>  My best suggestion is thus that you upgrade to the latest U-Boot and
>  compare your code with that of the B2 even if it does not currently
>  build; start from bare U-Boot and add features in small, buildable,
>  amounts (which would be needed as well for submission anyway) until
>  you hit the readelf issue.

          As your suggestion for me,Albert,I upgrade to
"fa82f871c8dbc9a15e8dc274b3f99dd5fa0da458" by Git.This is the latest
version i found on Git .And modified some places to make uboot buildable.
Now arm-linux-readelf has no longer warns "segmentation fault", but after
i burn u-boot.bin into flash,still nothing happened.I vim readelf.result
and i found the file type is "DYN (Shared object file)" not "executeable".
I try another cpu config such as smdk2410_config and b2_config,then
arm-linux-readelf ,but the results are the same "DYN (Shared object file)".
could you help me for explaining this.thx a lot.
          I prefer to sending you a patch and readelf details that i
generate with "git diff" and "arm-linux-readelf".
          I am a freshman with uboot.I found no book or something else
introduce uboot.Even has DULG,but sometimes it was really helpless for
me.Just like the problem i met ,i have no idea how to deal with.I
suppose something wrong with linking stage or my cross-compiler.
          Because of attachment size limitation,i compress patch with bzip2.
          Any suggestion is appreciated.Thanks a lot.

Best regards
larry