[U-Boot] Debugging u-boot

Mirko Banchi mk.banchi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 15:59:30 CEST 2011

Il giorno 30/ago/2011, alle ore 14.55, Wolfgang Denk ha scritto:

> Dear Mirko Banchi,
>
> In message <659ACFBD-2B5D-4F28-89BF-5473D90ADFA5 at gmail.com> you wrote:
>> Hi all, could someone write briefly the steps needed to debug u-boot with BDI2000? I can-t find documentation about it. On-line docs specify only how to proceed with gdb after that the host bdi is up and configured.
>
> Could you please explain which information you consider missing in
> these sections of the manual?
>
> 10.1. Debugging of U-Boot
>
>    10.1.1. Debugging of U-Boot Before Relocation
>    10.1.2. Debugging of U-Boot After Relocation

In those sections of the manual there is explained only how to specify the remote target for gdb and the steps for debugging when the BDI is already configured. From those documents i think is not clear how to configure the environment  for bdi. Maybe a note about the existence of Abatron manual could be useful.

Thank you.

Mirko

--
Mirko Banchi