[U-Boot] Sandbox question

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Thu Dec 1 19:13:13 CET 2011

Hi Andreas,

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Andreas Bießmann
<andreas.devel at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Dear Simon,
>
> I started to play around with new sandbox architecture and encountered a
> serious problem.
> Due to the '-nostdinc' switch the file arch/sandbox/cpu/os.c requires
> additional CPPFLAGS '-I/usr/include'. On my debian box this is not
> enough since the bits/*.h are placed in /usr/include/i386-linux-gnu and
> therefore I get errors when compiling arch/sandbox/os.c.
> Are there any clean solution to get this working?

Perhaps removing the -nostdinc switch for just that file would work?
The idea with sandbox is that os.c is the interface to the OS, and is
compiled with access to system headers. You might get link failures,
but it might be ok. It would be nice to avoid 'gcc -print-search-dirs'
if we can.

Regards,
Simon