[U-Boot] Question about theKernel

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Dec 2 10:43:57 CET 2011

Dear StrongLeg,

a few formal requests:

1) Please always keep the mailing list on Cc:
2) Please do not top post.
3) Please do not full quote.

You may want to read http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html

In message <CAHSHuNchOR85tO=oE31yJ2UZCic7Jmjx_O6rXXZyCAV=zWy96g at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> it's not in u-boot, i use 'si' in gdb before theKernel, u-boot does
> call theKernel correctly
> after that the Kernel should run, first instructions are 8 'mov r0,
> r0' starting from 0x80300040, i can see the 'mov r0, r0' are there in
> 0x80300040 using 'x /32x 0x80300040',
> but when i run 'si', the gdb  print 'Cannot access memory at address
> 0x7xxxxxxx', the PC stuck at 0x80300040, really strange

It's not strange at all.  YOu are executing code that has been
dynamically loaded into memory, while you told GDB to use the memory
map and symbol table of U-Boot, which is at a completely different
address range.

If you want to continue debugging the Linux kenrel, you must load the
Linux kernel's symbol table matching the current memory map.

The hints in the documentation for debugging U-Boot after relocation
might be helpful.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The main thing is the play itself. I swear that greed for  money  has
nothing  to  do with it, although heaven knows I am sorely in need of
money.                                           - Feodor Dostoyevsky