[U-Boot] Beginner

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Dec 2 17:41:35 CET 2011

Dear bart.deboeck at xenopz.com,

In message <a679a9686ea722e09825f5e3c362e5e1.squirrel at 195.88.32.193> you wrote:
> :-) thanks for asking
>
> machine: embedded artists lpc2478 oem - arm7
> compiler: arm-none-eabi-gcc-4.3.3.exe
> U-Boot: u-boot-1.1.6 with embedded artists patches

Ouch.  An out-of-tree port, and a prehistoric one at that.

U-Boot 1.1.6 is more than 5 years old.  In terms of software
development that was when saber-toothed tigers lurked behind each
other stack frame.  You do not want to use such old code.  Do yourself
(and us) a favour and update.

Also, GCC 4.3.x is probably not a clever choice on ARM.  If I remeber
correctly, it has tons of problems.s lurked behind each other stack
frame.  You do not want to use such old code.  Do yourself (and us) a
favour and update.

Also, GCC 4.3.x is probably not a clever choice on ARM.  If I remeber
correctly, it has tons of problems.

But your biggest problem is the out of tree code - we don't know it,
so how should we be able to help?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If you're out of tree, you don't exist.
     - David Woodhouse in <1304620350.2398.29.camel at i7.infradead.org>