[U-Boot] undefined reference to `abort'

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Dec 5 23:37:51 CET 2011

Dear Bill,

please don't top post / full quote  And always keep the mailing list
on Cc:

In message <E7F97B349C2A6843B718B2DDF2F9A8F01694328C at EMAIL.corp.neptec.com> you wrote:

> In message
> <E7F97B349C2A6843B718B2DDF2F9A8F016941C55 at EMAIL.corp.neptec.com>, I
> had mentioned that I built test s/w under the u-boot tree. You
> responded that I should use a newer u-boot version. Now it appears
> that no matter what newer version I use, I won't resolve the issue.
> Is that correct?

It depends.  U-Boot does not support floating point operations.

It is possible to add code that uses FP operations, but you have to be
very careful to correctly provide the needed environment for this, and
the needed library support.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
No journaling file system can recover your data if the disk dies.
                                 - Steve Rago in <D4Cw1p.L9E at plc.com>