[U-Boot] Change to miiphy_register() creates warnings

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Dec 7 07:23:28 CET 2011

Dear Mike Frysinger,

In message <201112070114.04179.vapier at gentoo.org> you wrote:

> odd, i thought that commit was NAK-ed and people were told to convert to the
> newer mii api.  maybe this is a good time to do so ...

No, nobody had the balls to send a clear NAK.  It has been discussed
that it's not worth applying, and that we should not invest efforts
into the old API, but nobody actually NAKed it.  So I thought it was
harmless to apply.

I'll be OK with reverting it if anybody has any clear opinion.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man  to  fish,
and he'll invite himself over for dinner.             - Calvin Keegan