[U-Boot] ext4 support?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Dec 12 08:24:50 CET 2011

Dear Dominic,

In message <BLU0-SMTP1844FCA1633DFBCB039ED20C6BE0 at phx.gbl> you wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone is working on ext4 support? (ext2ls, ext2load)
> I have seen ext4 support code in Grub 2, it should be easy to bring to
> U-Boot. Is there a license issue?

Iqbal and others at Samsung have been working on this lately. He told
me just a week ago they have patches are ready for ext4fs ls, load
and write with journal support.

I have no information when they are going to post their patches,
though.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
CONSUMER NOTICE:  Because  of  the  "Uncertainty  Principle,"  It  Is
Impossible  for  the  Consumer  to  Find  Out  at  the Same Time Both
Precisely Where This Product Is and How Fast It Is Moving.