[U-Boot] Request for Help: How to save data to an SD/MMC card

Graeme Russ graeme.russ at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 00:37:04 CET 2011

Hi Ilya,

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 10:34 AM, Ilya Yanok <yanok at emcraft.com> wrote:
> Hi Graeme,

>>> Do you really need a filesystem for this? You can easily dump memory to SD using
>>> block write.
>>
>> Well I want to copy the data back to my dev PC - If the SD/MMC card is
>> formatted with a filesystem, it is trivial to transfer the data back
>> and forth
>
> Well, it shouldn't be that hard to get the data written to specific
> blocks on the dev PC using dd command.

But what about bad blocks?

But I imagine this problem exists when using a file system not
designed with explicit bad-block handling - Do SD/MMC cards deal with
bad blocks internally? I'm not familiar with the low level details, I
just know that enabling MMC in U-Boot 'just works' on my board

Regards,

Graeme