[U-Boot] question regarding generic board.c

Andreas Bießmann andreas.devel at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 15 11:02:09 CET 2011

Hi all,

I encountered a compile warning in avr32 which lead me to the fact that
every board.c utilizes these three lines:

---8<---
#if defined(CONFIG_CMD_NET)
	s = getenv("bootfile");
	if (s)
		copy_filename(BootFile, s, sizeof(BootFile));
#endif
--->8---

I know there is currently some effort to move the common stuff out of
the respective board.c files and this part would be one of these. But I
wonder if this specific part shouldn't move into the network framework.
The BootFile is declared in net/ and is only required if some ethernet
device is attached. The ethernet stuff will be initialized by
eth_initialize(), this could be one place for setting BootFile initial
but maybe there are better places.

Any comments?

best regards

Andreas Bießmann