[U-Boot] SPL Linux Boot

Tom Rini tom.rini at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 16:45:18 CET 2011

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 8:37 AM, Stefano Babic <sbabic at denx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is a new submission of the Simon's work to add a way to
> boot Linux directly from the SPL. From the last patchset series,
> the main changes introduced by me are the following:
>
> - compile the cache functions in SPL to make cleanup_before_linux()
>  available.
> - do not call I"C function on boards where I2C is not available
> - fix a bug from last version (fallback to U-Boot)
> - move all related SPL stuff to common/ and fix omap related
>  functions.
>
> Tested on the twister board (patches for this board in u-boot-ti, next)
>
> Note: to test it is also required Simon's patch:
>
>        arm: Add Prep subcommand support to bootm
>
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/129753/

I'm going to mark this series as RFC in patchwork as I see you did
+#ifneq... in some Makefiles and I know you know better :)  That said,
can you confirm MAKEALL -s omap3 -s omap4 -s omap5 works?  omap4/5 has
smaller size requirements than omap3(ish) stuff and I don't have 100%
faith in linker magic to make sure the cache stuff added to SPL in
arch/arm/lib/ isn't going to bloat up the omap4/5 stuff slightly.

--
Tom