[U-Boot] SPL Linux Boot

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Mon Dec 19 09:43:44 CET 2011

On 16/12/2011 16:45, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 8:37 AM, Stefano Babic <sbabic at denx.de> wrote:
>> Hi,

Hi Tom,

> I'm going to mark this series as RFC in patchwork as I see you did
> +#ifneq... in some Makefiles and I know you know better :)  That said,
> can you confirm MAKEALL -s omap3 -s omap4 -s omap5 works?

there is a missing include in this patchset (fixed in next version), but
I can compile all.

>  omap4/5 has
> smaller size requirements than omap3(ish) stuff and I don't have 100%
> faith in linker magic to make sure the cache stuff added to SPL in
> arch/arm/lib/ isn't going to bloat up the omap4/5 stuff slightly.

Checking MLO without and with this patchset for an OMAP4 board (panda),
I get:

without patchset (u-boot-ti): 33012 bytes
with the patchset (SPL_OS not enabled): 33424

I cannot test it, but is seems still in order, right ?

Stefano

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de