[U-Boot] u-boot jumps to some location

siddharth baisane nov15twentyten at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 12:59:19 CET 2011

hi,
I am new to u-boot and have few doubts.
I am trying to run uboot on custom board.
I am using jtag(XDS 510 USB) to debug board.
I have am3517 processor from ti.
I have MT29C4G48MAZAPAKQ-5 IT chip which contains nand flash and lpddr.
While making hardware I have not connected chip select 0 to this chip so I
am not able to boot code from nand.
So I am loading x-loader  on internal sram at 0x40208800 and its running
and I am getting message "x-loader hangs" on terminal
Then I am loading uboot on ddr at 0x80e80000.
When I run the code in step mode the code is running upto start_armboot()
function (u-boot/lib_arm/board.c) and goes into a for loop where it cheks
for init_sequence.
While code reaches upto this point some times it jumps to unkown location
like 0x0000000C and then stops working and the same thing happens when it
is in init_sequence when i reach to that point
I am not understanding why is it happenig??
Is there any relation of CS0 to be connected to nand in order to run u-boot
because I have seen lot places CS0 being used in code.
I am using am3517_craneboard files.

thank you