[U-Boot] AES128 in U-Boot

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Wed Dec 21 21:12:20 CET 2011

Hi Mike, Matthias,

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 11:29 AM, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 15 December 2011 02:30:40 Simon Glass wrote:
>> I am wanting to add an AES encryption library to U-Boot. I suppose it
>> should be written in C, with small compiled code/data size (rather
>> than high performance), GPL and fairly easy to read.
>
> just has to be GPL compatible
>
> as Matthias already said, libtomcrypt would probably be a good starting point.
> after that, it'd be see if the BSD's have done anything.
> -mike

Thanks to both of you.

libtomcrypt has one but code size is about 10KB for me. I have a
public domain one from karl malbrain, malbrain at yahoo.com which is half
the size. Can we use public domain code? It seems incompatible with
the restrictions in the GPL, but I do see public domain code in
U-Boot.

Regards,
Simon