[U-Boot] Building uImage with multiple load addresses

Stephen Warren swarren at nvidia.com
Thu Dec 22 01:26:18 CET 2011

On 12/21/2011 03:20 PM, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 7:24 PM, Fabio Estevam <festevam at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> When trying to build imx_v4_v5_defconfig, or mx3_defconfig, or
>> mx5_defconfig on a 3.2-rc6 kernel I get:
>> multiple load addresses: 0x80008000 0x80008000 0x10008000
>> This is incompatible with uImages
>> Do I need to do any changes to mkimage?

I'd suggest using "mkimage -t kernel_noload" instead of "mkimage -t
kernel". That way, you don't have to specify an load/entry address; the
kernel will be executed wherever you happen to load it in memory, which
should work fine for an ARM zImage at least.

This feature was introduced pretty recently in mainline U-Boot though,
so you'll need to build your own new U-boot and mkimage tool.

--
nvpublic