[U-Boot] u-boot jumps to some location

siddharth baisane nov15twentyten at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 11:16:21 CET 2011

Hi,
so I am now trying to load u-boot-spl.bin using teraterm as per process
given in following link
"http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/AM335x_U-Boot_User%27s_Guide#UART"
*1)I kept uart mode and throug teraterm transfered u-boot-spl.bin.*2)As per
document "After image is successfully downloaded, the ROM code will boot
it"  I did not get display of character on teraterm.

3)Then I transfered u-boot.img and this time also did not get display of
any character on teraterm.

Am I doing anything wrong while transfering files or is there any specific
way to do this ??
What ouput I should get after loading both files ??
I am trying to load these files on am3517 crane board.

Boot Over UART

*Note*

   - The release package does not contain the binary for UART boot. Please
   follow the steps mentioned
here<http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/AM335x_U-Boot_User%27s_Guide#Building_U-Boot>for
compiling u-boot and use the
   *spl/u-boot-spl.bin* file that is produced.

   1. Switch ON EVM with switch settings for UART
boot<http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/AM335x_U-Boot_User%27s_Guide#UART>.
   When “CCCC” characters appear on TeraTerm window, from the File Menu select
   Transfer --> XMODEM --> Send (1K mode)
   2. Select “u-boot-spl.bin” for the transfer
   3. After image is successfully downloaded, the ROM code will boot it.
   4. When “CCCC” characters appear on TeraTerm window, from the File Menu
   select Transfer --> YMODEM --> Send (1K mode)
   5. Select “u-boot.img” for the transfer
   6. After image is successfully downloaded, U-Boot will boot it.
   7. Hit enter and get to u-boot prompt “U-Boot# ”