[U-Boot] testing u-boot on virtual environment

Érico Porto ericoporto2008 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 14:19:18 CET 2011

Thanks!

Tried to do some memory display commands but got instant segmentation
fault, and tried to run it as root - but then some bad things
happened, so now I know no one should run it as root.

I wanted to tryout a memory test algorithm I developed, but it seem
u-boot runs with no ram access. If I could findout the ram address
where it is located, I think then the 8MB it says it has wouldn't give
me segmentation fault...

=>version

U-Boot 2011.12-rc3 (Dec 23 2011 - 11:07:12)
gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.1-9ubuntu3) 4.6.1
GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Ubuntu) 2.21.53.20110810
=>printenv
baudrate=115200
stderr=serial
stdin=serial