[U-Boot] testing u-boot on virtual environment

Matthias Weißer m.weisser.m at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 23 16:03:10 CET 2011

Hi Érico

Am 23.12.2011 14:19, schrieb Érico Porto:
> Thanks!
>
> Tried to do some memory display commands but got instant segmentation
> fault, and tried to run it as root - but then some bad things
> happened, so now I know no one should run it as root.
>
> I wanted to tryout a memory test algorithm I developed, but it seem
> u-boot runs with no ram access. If I could findout the ram address
> where it is located, I think then the 8MB it says it has wouldn't give
> me segmentation fault...

You could try to change the address passed to the mmap in
os.c: 92  void *os_malloc(size_t length) from NULL to something known.
0x20000000 worked well for me when I added the RAM simulation. The
approach of a fixed RAM address was nacked for mainline but for tests I
still use this approach.

Matthias