[U-Boot] testing u-boot on virtual environment

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Sat Dec 24 07:03:31 CET 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 5:53 AM, Érico Porto <ericoporto2008 at gmail.com> wrote:
> md 0 gives me in dmesg:
>

> [11753.433067] u-boot[4277]: segfault at 0 ip 0805283e sp bfb809f0
> error 4 in u-boot[8048000+1a000]
>

> On 12/23/11, Érico Porto <ericoporto2008 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Tried to do some memory display commands but got instant segmentation
>> fault, and tried to run it as root - but then some bad things
>> happened, so now I know no one should run it as root.

Good lesson to learn :-)

There was a revert of the memory map code in cmd_mem.c about a month
ago - if you track that down and un-revert it then md will work for
you.

The real fix is to devise some third meaning of a memory address
(physical address, effective address, ...?) - I did post a suggestion
to the list but no response and I haven't got back to it.

Regards,
Simon