No subject

Mon Dec 5 13:53:56 CET 2011

to the appropriate property and read out the codes based on
(row,column) position.

If we have something like this, then in order for the keyboard to work
in U-Boot, vendors would need to create a completely separate ASCII
mapping. Yes I agree this is a bit of a pain, but the above map is
fairly easy to type in, and quite compact.

Given the push-back on the U-Boot list from Linux people about my
bindings, I would like to work out the U-Boot side in this thread if
possible, since it seems to be dependent on what Linux does. But I
hope what is created is efficient enough not to bloat U-Boot or
require an new input layer to be added just to use fdt.

Regards,
Simon

> +
> +Optional properties:
> +- linux,fn-keymap: A separate array of packed 1-cell entries similar to
> + =A0linux,keymap but only to be used when the function key modifier is
> + =A0active. This is used for keyboards that have a software-based modifi=
er
> + =A0key for 'Fn' but that need to describe the custom layout that should
> + =A0be used when said modifier key is active.
> +
> +- linux,fn-key: a 2-cell entry containing the < row column > of the
> + =A0function modifier key used to switch to the above linux,fn-keymap
> + =A0layout.
> +
> +Example:
> + =A0 =A0 =A0 linux,keymap =3D < 0x00030012
> + =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A00x0102003a >;
> + =A0 =A0 =A0 linux,fn-key =3D < 2 1 >;
> + =A0 =A0 =A0 linux,fn-keymap =3D < 0x0002004a >;

[snip]

Regards,
Simon