[U-Boot] omap3 mux enabling

jacopo mondi j.mondi at voltaelectronics.com
Wed Feb 2 15:50:43 CET 2011

Dear folks,
I'm very new to this community, please pardon me if I'm going to ask
something that seems obvious to the majority of you.

As I've seen digging through the list archives in later months there
was some discussions about mux state, and possible decoupling between
u-boot and linux kernel in doing pin multiplexing [1].

Mine is a question related to an end-user problem, since I'm no more
able to do multiplexing for my DM3730 Beagleboard xM platform.
The problem is quite simple, multiplexer configurations are totally
ignored by u-boot (v2010.12), and I'm not able to do what I was used
to do with my previous C4 board (with v2010.06 and v2010.03).

After reading discussion [1] I just wanna know if it is needed to
manually enable MUX for recent  u-boot versions as a consequence to
discussions or decisions which I'm not aware of and I was unable to
find in the list logs or in changelogs (since seraching for that in the
web site returns a 403 error[2])

Again, sorry if I'm missing something obvious for you all.
Just ask for details about how I'm doing multiplexing, I've inserted
none since they are not relevant to my main question.

thanks
	jacopo

[1]http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/88443/focus=88451
[2]http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGELOG-before-U-Boot-1.1.5;hb=HEAD