[U-Boot] kfreebsd build failure - fw_env.c:43:27: error: mtd/mtd-user.h: No such file or directory

Loïc Minier lool at dooz.org
Mon Feb 7 23:23:31 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 07, 2011, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> >  If not, I guess this should be removed from tools-all is mtd/mtd-user.h
> >  isn't found; is there any recommendation in doing this?
> Even if you are building in a *BSD environment, you could still be
> building for a Linux target system. After all, the fw_env.* tools are
> target tools, which should not depend on the host environment.

 Yes; I mean if this target header is not found (if you're
 cross-building, you should have the headers for your target)

 (BTW, some tools are kind of both host and target tools, like mkimage
 which might be used during the build but are also interesting to build
 for the target architecture.  Ideally when cross-compiling these should
 be built twice, but I realize it's a pain to implement)

--
Loïc Minier