[U-Boot] [STATUS: AT91/AVR32]

Andreas Bießmann andreas.devel at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 9 00:02:04 CET 2011

Dear Jens Scharsig,

Am 08.02.2011 um 22:11 schrieb Jens Scharsig:

> Am 08.02.2011 16:35, schrieb Reinhard Meyer:
>> Hello AT91/AVR32 users and maintainers,
>>
>> since relocation was introduced most ARM boards and therefore all AT91 based boards are
>> inherently broken.
>>
>> We also used this "opportunity" to rework most of the AT91 include files mess.
>>
>> You can find the current efforts at git.denx.de/u-boot-atmel.git, branch rework110202.
>>
> Dear Reinhard Meyer,
>
> I am maintainer of eb_cpux9k2 board and if you now do the soc rework 2009.
>
> Currently the arm920t/at91 are not touched by your rework.
>
> I can try to update the at91rm9200.h to the atmel_xxxx name scheme and update
> the two board in arm920t/at91 tree including drivers.
> Maybe I can still send a patch this week.
>
> But I can't test the at91rm9200ek.

that would be my part ... BTW there was some interest for at91rm9200dk around christmas ...

> A second problem is, both boards use the legacy at91rm9200 usart driver. So we could try
> to use the  atmel_usart in a second step.

The only thing missing is the 'unsigned long get_mck_clk_rate(void)' interface. I did test this some time ago but would prefer to have some code as in arm926ejs/at91/clock.c for arm920t too. Unfortunately did not have any time to do that right. I allege that some code in arm926ejs/at91/clock.c could be shared between arm920t/at91 and arm926ejs/at91. Would that allow some at91 specific code in arm/lib?

regards

Andreas Bießmann